- Scott transferred from Trinity College to Rollins in 1978. That year, he rowed in the Southern Intercollegiate Champion four-man shell and was 3rd in the National Championships.
- In 1979, he stroked the four-man shell to the State Championship, the Southern Intercollegiate Championship, and the National Championship titles.
- The latter win at the Dad Vail Regatta in Philadelphia set a course record that stood for eleven years.
- Scott was elected team captain and Outstanding Senior in 1980. After graduating, he became crew coach at Winter Park High School, where he led the team to three state championships.
- Scott has competed in numerous regattas and championships and still rows in both a four-man and singles shell.