"The Rollins College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) brings together representativesfrom each of the college’s sports teams for the purpose of addressing student-athlete concerns and promoting a stronger connection between Rollins athletics and the larger campus community. The Rollins SAAC strives to sponsor and participate in activities that support the enrichment of the Rollins campus and the greater community. The Rollins SAAC hopes to integrate the experiences and talents of student-athletes into the college mission of educating students for global citizenship and responsible leadership."
Though the focus of campus SAACs is intended to be more parochial in nature, communication among campus and national SAACs offers student-athletes the opportunity to shape the landscape of intercollegiate athletics.
Functions of campus SAACs:
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.