WINTER PARK, Fla. (February 14, 2018) – The Tars had their hearts broken on Valentine's Day, dropping a midweek contest to the visiting Flagler Saints, 8-1.
Brendan Brundage and Bryce Peterson led the Tars' offense with two hits against the Saints. Ted Meissner plated the only run of the game for Rollins off of a solo shot to deep left center in the seventh inning.
Flagler's offense got off to a hot start, scoring seven of their eight runs in the first three innings. Aaron Anderson mashed a grand slam in the top of the first, earning four RBI, while Evan Lowe chipped in three RBI of his own.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
• The Saints would establish an early lead in the first inning when Lowe doubled to left center bringing home Sean Lawlor. They would build on that lead when Anderson would go deep over the left field wall for a grand slam pushing the score to 5-0, in favor of the Saints.
• Again it was Flagler's offense who was clicking in the top of the third when Lowe homered to deep left center, bringing home Lawlor for the second time, Saints then led 7-0.
• The Tars and Saints would trade homeruns in the seventh, when Meissner went deep for Rollins, as did Frankie Martello for Flagler who still led, 8-1.
• This was Meissner's third home run of his career
• Rollins leads the all-time series against Flagler, 33-21.
• Head Coach Jon Sjogren is 324-302-3 in his 13th season at the helm
Rollins will turn around to host Bentley for a three-game series starting on Friday, February 17 at 6 p.m. at Alfond Stadium.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins Baseball team, fans can visit RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.