WINTER PARK, Fla. (March 9, 2018) – The Tars once again asserted their dominance during Baseball Week, this time over Concordia 18-2.
The Tars have now won four straight to improve to 11-7 overall, while Concordia falls to 5-6 on the season.
A total team offensive effort gave the Tars their fourth straight win, and third in three straight days. Ten Tars recorded a hit, while nine different registered at least one RBI. In their last two games, Rollins has exploded for 35 runs.
James Doherty strated on the mound for the Tars, but appearances were also made by Brett Scafidi, Eric Sexton, Kyle Bachle, Anthony Trovato, and Mike Gaughan. As a unit, they combined for nine strikeouts, and allowed only two runs.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Rollins got rolling with a Brian Brooker double in the bottom of the first, when he sent a dinger to left center, which allowed Nick Breen and Luke Reidy to score.
- The Tars really got going in the second inning, plating a total of ten runs, and taking a commanding 12-1 lead over the Clippers.
- In the bottom of the fourth and fifth inning, the Tars would tack on three runs apiece, highlighted by a Mark Angelo triple, as well as a Luke Reidy homerun over the left field fence.
- Concordia made a late push and cut Rollins lead by one in the top of the seventh, but ended up falling short and dropped the contest 18-2.
• Rollins leads the all-time series vs Concordia 7-1
• Head Coach Jon Sjogren is 331-306-3 in his 13th season at the helm of Rollins baseball
The Tars will face Concordia again as part of the 70th annual Baseball Week at Alfond Stadium. First pitch is slated for Saturday, March 10 at 12:00 pm.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins Baseball team, fans can visit RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.