DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (February 19, 2019) - Rollins suffered a tough loss at #25 Embry-Riddle on Wednesday, losing to the Eagles 7-0.
The Eagles took the first point of the day by winning all three doubles matches. Flight two was the first to finish with Atakan Gezer and Andrea Brignacca falling to Alexis Guedy and Lucas Bos by a score of 6-1. Embry-Riddle then secured the point when Andrej Omeragic and Fernando Alonso defeated Freddy Danielson and Mikkel Baumann in flight three, 6-2. Flight one went to the Eagles as Gai Feigin and Luke Horan lost to #22 Juan Ortiz Couder and Andres Donayre in a close one, 6-4.
Rollins went 0-6 in singles competition.
- Gai Feigin squared off against Ortiz Couder in flight one. The two battled to a final score of 6-1, 6-0.
- Luke Horan represented the Tars in flight two. In his first appearance out of the second position on the year, Horan was bested by #33 Andres Donayre 6-3, 6-4.
- In flight three, Mikkel Baumann faced off against Alexis Guedy, but fell against the France native, 6-3, 6-1.
- Atakan Gezer played against Lucas Bos in the fourth flight. The sophomore dropped straight sets, 6-3, 6-3.
- Sophomore Andrea Brignacca took his first singles loss of the year in his flight five matchup with Fernando Alonso. The two battled to a final score of 6-3, 6-3.
- Freddy Danielson finished off singles pay for the Tars with a 6-2, 6-1 effort against Tim Loerwink in flight six.
With the loss, the Tars now stand at 1-3, 0-2 SSC. They will jump back into action this weekend in Valdosta, Georgia with a pair of games against #3 West Florida on Friday and #19 Valdosta State on Saturday. Stay tuned to RollinsSports.com for the latest updates.