Tars Split Day One of the South Region Crossover
HOOVER, Ala. (October 13, 2017) – Seniors Bri Civiero and Shannon McDonough led the team with 16 and 14 kills, respectively, but the Rollins volleyball team was unable to overcome a resilient 23rd-ranked University of West Florida squad on Friday evening at the Finley Center. The 3-1 (25-21, 19-25, 19-25, 19-25) loss drops the Tars to a record of 6-9 on the season, while the Argos advance to a mark of 17-4 overall.
The Tars saw nine different players earn kills on the night, including Madison Jenkins with four, Cassidy Cason and Kerra Tirado with three, and Mary Bethany Vincent and Sam Schlesman with two apiece. Cason earned 33 assists on the night, while Rachel Fletcher led the team in digs with 12. Defensively, Vincent led the team in blocks with four, followed by McDonough with three.
West Florida saw 14 kills from Nadine Williams, 12 from Rachel Neblett, and 10 from Courtney Markes. Monique StCyr led the team with 26 assists, followed by Brogan Wallin with 19. Williams led the Argos with 15 digs, followed by StCyr and Logan Kael with 10 each. At the net, Caleigh Morrison put up five blocks, including two solo stops, while Neblett earned three.
COACH ROBINSON'S THOUGHTS:
"We continue to show that we can play with anyone in the country, but we have to get better at bringing that high level of play consistently. It was also nice to see so many players make contributions today."
- Rollins is now 1-6 in the all-time series against West Florida.
- The match marks the sixth time the Tars have taken on a nationally-ranked opponent this season.
- Civiero notched her 14th match with double-digit kills, including her ninth straight.
- McDonough notched her 13th match with double-digit kills, and has posted 12 straight with double-digit kill counts.
- The match saw nine total lead changes, and 20 tied scores. Set one was the hardest fought, with the score tied on 11 occasions and five lead changes.
- Date: Saturday | October 14, 2017
- Opponent: Christian Brothers
- Location: Finley Center | Hoover, Ala.
- Time: 3:30 p.m.
- Coverage: Live Stats
Fans can follow Tars volleyball all season long with live audio and video on the Tars Sports Network at RollinsSports.com, where the latest news, updates, and information on the Rollins volleyball team can also be accessed. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.